LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compile confusion

I'm seeing some weird behaviour when compiling my FPGA code.

I have to make a lot of changes to the code to get a fully working solution (It's rather hectic at the moment) and I have to cancel compilations regularly and sometimes (for aesthetic reasons) remove cancelled compilations from the list.

I then see sometimes that the Window for the compile queue thinks there are TWO compilations going on at the same time.  Int eh background everything seems to be working OK and the Compile worker itself dispalys a single job but the index of the jobs seems to get a bit confused when deleting cancelled compilations.

Given that each compilation takes an hour it would be nice if this could be verfied as a possible bug and fixed some time....

Has anyone else seen something similar?

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,500 Views)

Hi Shane,

I just tested several times to start compiling the FPGA VI and cancel the compilation process. Then I started a new compilation.

The dialog windows monitors the current compilation process and one before which was aborted.

Are you developoing in LV2012?

Kind regards,

RupiDo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,469 Views)

Hi Shane,

thank you for using the National Instruments forum. To get a good understanding of the issue, I was great if you provided some detailed information.

Could you please provide a screenshot of the compile queue with the two compilations? Can you reproduce the behavior? If yes, how in detail? What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Topper

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,441 Views)

Well here's a pic demonstrating.

Confused FPGA.png

I had 4 Entries in the Queue (the two top ones were cancelled) but I removed the second one and then it got confused between the old index and the new index for the current job.

So start four different jobs, wait until the third is running and then remove the second fromt he queue.  Bingo, confusion ensues.

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Shane, thank you for the screenshot. I proceeded as described by you, but my second, finished compilation just disappeared from the queue. That is behavior as expected. I am using LabVIEW 2012.

It is surprising that your build specifications do not have names. Did you manually delete the names from the build specs' settings?

compile_test.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,393 Views)

They did have names but I removed them before posting....

I'm using LV 2011 so maybe there's a difference there.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,387 Views)