LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation Failure - Xilinx ran out of memory/memory conflict

I just finished added some code to my FPGA to implement an IIR on my AI readings.  Now when I try to compile, I get an error that is shown in the attachement.  It says:

ERROR:Portability:3 - This Xilinx applicaton has run out of memory or has encountered a memory conflict. Current memory usage is 4171392 kb.

I have no idea what might be causing this to happe.  I'm running LabVIEW 2011 32-bit SP1 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine with 12 GB RAM.  I know that the code I added to my FPGA will compile because it's reused code from another project that has been running just fine for quite some time.

Does anyone know what may be causing this error and how I can fix it?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,106 Views)

Are you using the exact same FPGA that you are on that other project? If they are different FPGAs, the available memory will probably be different.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,101 Views)

The FPGA I am using and the one the code is currently working on are the same model (PXI-7813R).  I closed out everything last night on the computer and hit compile before I left for the day, but somehow the computer was off when I came in this morning so I am going to give it another try before I start opening things up this morning.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,085 Views)

I'm just graspig at straws here but does this thread give you any additional insight? What about this?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,074 Views)