cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation Error "cannot access the file vivado.jou"

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am attempting to compile a FPGA VI and I have received an error which I am unsure of how to resolve.

This is the error:

Error.png

Any suggestions? I have compiled VIs many times on this PC and this is the first time I have received such an error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gryffin

Retry the compilation. If one previously failed, consider restarting the LabVIEW FPGA process (i.e. LabVIEW) or the compile server tool, if using a server.

Failing that, restart the PC?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,383 Views)

Happened to me as well. It took about 40 mins of compilation before the error occured, which was annoying, but when I looked in Xilinx log in Compilation Status window, I saw that after few minutes it is still pretty empty, so controlling it every time few minutes into compilation is quite useful debugging technique.

Finally I shut off and started the Compile orker anew and it solved itself.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,144 Views)

I had this issue as well. The error occurs after the synthesis is complete and, in my case, takes over an hour to complete, which is pretty frustrating to wait an hour just to see it fail.

Sadly, I do not know how I solved this issue, but if the synthesis takes longer than expected (~5 minutes) it will probably give you an error and you just simply restart your computer and power cycle the FPGA rather than waiting 1 hour to get the error. Good luck!

I just wanted to add this: This same error occurs with 'synthesis.wdf' failing to open, shown in my screenshot below.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,131 Views)