LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation Error (Some signals were not properly constrained in the design)

Attempting to compile even simple FPGA VIs is returning in failure for me, and I'm not sure why. This is on windows 7, 32 bit, Xilinx 14.4, LabView 2013, for sbRIO-9632.

"Some signals were not properly constrained in the design." in the summary.

and

"Failed to load library libPort_ExecLoader.dll because of The specified procedure could not be found." in the Xilinx log.

Can anyone help? Many thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,023 Views)

Hi DanielGradinjan,

Are you compiling on your local machine or on a remote machine?  I would recommend repairing or reinstalling the Xilinx tools on your local machine and any remote machines being used.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,973 Views)

Thanks for replying! Yes i am using a local machine, not any remote. I saw it mentioned somewhere that there might be a specific order that things need to be installed in, is this true? If so, what is the order they should be installed/reinstalled? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,970 Views)

Hi DanielGradinjan,

When installing software you should follow this installation order: LabVIEW >> LabVIEW FPGA Module >> compile tools >> device drivers.  I'm including a link below to a document that describes the installation process.  Hopefully this information is helpful!

RELEASE AND UPGRADE NOTES
LabVIEW FPGA Module
Version 2013

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371572j.pdf

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,962 Views)

Thanks much, i'll try uninstalling everything and reinstalling in that order. Hopefully this fixes it. Will post back once tried.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,960 Views)

It works now. So very happy. Thank you much.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,907 Views)

You are very welcome Daniel!

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,885 Views)

Hello everyone !

I use a cRIO-9103 for my project and I attempted to compile a new VI for the FPGA. The former code compiled without problem, but the new one failed with the error "Some signals were not properly constrained in the design". I read the issue that was given in this topic, but the strange thing is that I just added a while loop in my old program to make my new one. 

I joined to this message the new programm of the FPGA and the Xilinx log (I use Xilinx 10.1). The While Loop which causes problems is called "Traitement des informations envoyées par la centrale inertielle (IMU)". Can someone save me please ?  ^^

Thanks !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,823 Views)

Hi BobbyLP,

Do you get this error now when trying to compile any VI or only on this particular VI?  If you remove the while loop, can you compile the VI?  Have you tried reinstalling the software?

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,792 Views)

Thank you for replying Joshua-B !

I tried to erase the new while loop, and it compiles. Consequently I think that the code tha I added does something wrong. I'm not an expert in FPGA programmation, so I don't know if my design is entirely compatible with the component.

I erased the memory of the FPGA and I re-installed all the softwares on it (Labview, modules, etc ), but it had no effects.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,775 Views)