LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Cloud Compile number of parallel tasks

We're refactoring some FPGA code (both LV and VHDL) and are trying to improve out compilation success rate.  In order to do this, we need to perform many compilations in order to have any kind of statistic.  We currently run 6 compiles in parallel, 5 in the cloud and 1 locally.  With a compile time of approximately 2 hours (including generating files) this allows only a certain number of compiles in one day.

Is there any way to actually increase the number of simultaneous cloud compiles for a given account?  I see no options anywhere to allow for this (the cloud compile software doesn't even have a part number any more since it's included in the FPGA module now).

I could also hijack an account from a colleague (we have 3x FPGA modules) but the dialog in LabVIEW does not make supporting multiple cloud accounts very easy.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,909 Views)

I haven't heard about getting additional instances on the cloud compile service but could you instead set up a local compile farm to get additional instances?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,874 Views)

Well, yes there is that option but the Cloud compile option is a lot more comfortable to be honest seeing as we tend to have intensive irregular bursts of activity in this direction.  Setting up a local farm which can handle >5 compilations for only one or two periods a year is costly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,866 Views)