cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP of sub-vi is shortly visible

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

in my program I use sub-VIs  where I disabled show front panel when called in the sub-vi node set-up. However, the FP becomes shortly visible (in the executable) when the sub-vi is called. Is there a way to prevent this? Since the sub-vi is also called with show front panel enabled at another instance, I can not remove the front panel in the build script.

thanks

Sylvester

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,168 Views)

In the subVI's properties > Window Appearance click Customize..  and make sure Show Front Panel when Called is unchecked. This should prevent the Front Panel from appearing when the subVI is called where the Node Setup is not set to show Front Panel.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,151 Views)

well, but I want the front panel of the sub-vi to appear at another location of the main VI?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,149 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sylvester

Hi sylvester,

quick workaround:

- save the subVI with frontpanel included, but set to "don't show at call"

- make a boolean input for the subVI and use that to decide on opening the FP (or not) using a property or method of the subVI...

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,143 Views)

@sylvester wrote:

well, but I want the front panel of the sub-vi to appear at another location of the main VI?

In cases where the subvi front panel is to appear just use the subVI Node setup ont he caller's block diagram and check "Show Front Panel when Called" for that instant, and it overrides the subVI's own setting. Ensure "Close aferwards" is also checked to make sure it doesn't stay open.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,132 Views)