LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST FTC software license and install problems with 9.0 beta version

I am a mentor with FIRST Technology Challenge team XBOT team #488.  I am helping to setup a new computer that we want to use with our code that we wrote on an old laptop.  The old laptop self-destructed; it belonged to a student.  Now we have a copy of our FTC software in a set of .vi files. 

When I tried to setup the new laptop with LabView 8.5.1, I had a problem licensing it with the serial number on our disks.  The disks say that it is "NI First Tech Challenge Software 2009"  and the setup screen says it is 8.5.1.  I can't seem to register it.

There is another problem.  I met with another FTC team and they let me try to open my .vi file on their FTC computer.  I got an error message saying that my .vi file is version (9.0) which is newer than the license on that other team's PC. 

Can you help me understand what is happening? 

Sincerely,

Christin Boyd

I'm a first year mentor on an old team, Team Xbot

Message Edited by Support on 02-04-2010 11:03 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,281 Views)

Hi Chrsitian,

Sorry to hear you are having those problems. We actually have a set of dedicated engineers who are working on FIRST forums which can be found on www.NI.com/FIRST. I would post your question on there. However from briefly going over your question, it seems that your have the wrong version of the software. 2010 FIRST will use LabVIEW 8.6.1.

FLash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,260 Views)