LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[FGEN] How to start a triangle wave from 0V?

I have a PXIe 5413 function generator. I want to use it to send a triangle wave between 0 and 1 V, starting from 0V. This simple using a standard waveform, but enabling the FGEN output briefly sets the output to 0.5V. This should not happen as it affects the measurement. Here is what the oscilloscope measures:

Basjong53_2-1680177199789.png

And here is my code:

Basjong53_1-1680177129471.png

The voltage also goes to 0.5V shortly after I stop the generation. Which is even weirder, because I disable the output before aborting the generation...

I have tried to add a DC waveform with DC offset of 0V before starting the triangle wave, but then it gets even worse:

Basjong53_3-1680177406334.png

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(679 Views)

@Basjong53 wrote:

And here is my code:

No, that's just a picture. LabVIEW code has a *.vi file extension.

Sorry, I am not familiar with your instrument, but have you tried to set the start phase to something different than 270 degrees?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(644 Views)

I guess the issue is that the offset you configure 'adds' electrical offset in the front-end of the device and hence puts the output at 0.5V before it starts the actual triangular wave generation.

You may have to use ARB mode instead of standard function generation. This way, you maintain the offset at 0V and start at any phase of the wave.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(641 Views)

@santo_13 wrote:

I guess the issue is that the offset you configure 'adds' electrical offset in the front-end of the device and hence puts the output at 0.5V before it starts the actual triangular wave generation.

You may have to use ARB mode instead of standard function generation. This way, you maintain the offset at 0V and start at any phase of the wave.

I have just tried the arbitrary waveform and it has the same problem .

Basjong53_0-1680251699768.png

Arbitrary Test.png

For some reason, it also outputs double the frequency that I set... ("Use waveform dT for Sample Rate" doesn't change that)

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(619 Views)