From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT of matrix ?

I need to perform a FFT of an array of vectors. If I solve it via N-loop the calculation takes time. It would be much faster if I could pass the full matrix to a function in C++ code. Is there such a possibility or a trick to speed up the calculation with available LV 7.0 functions?
Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,470 Views)

Hi,

You can use the Code interface node or the Call library function node in the Advanced toolbar to call C code or directly a DLL.

It's also  possible to use MalLab with the MATLAB script node (Analyse toolbar --> Mathematics --> Formula) if you want to use its FFT function.

I recently use the MatLab node and the Call library function node and it is simple to use.

Hope this help,

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,440 Views)
NI FFT VIs save some internal info to speed up the computation if you perform the same size FFT repeadly (This is just your case--N vectors of the same size). So you can just solve your problem via N-loop.  Don't worry about it. NI FFT knows how to take advantage of the same size in the continuous computation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,435 Views)