LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase) VI output vs SCOPE display (Delta Y seems different)

Hello All,

I try to do FFT analysis for  attached time-volt waveform, but the result seems different between FFT Spectrum (Mag-Phase) VI and the scope itself. Does anyone could give me some advice for the cause of the differece?

as you can see, the Delta dB is about 66 on the scope screen while it seems should over 75 in labview.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(757 Views)

You're just giving two bottles of juices and asking why they are different without giving any information about whether the same fruit, the same juicer was used etc.,

Similarly, did you give the same exact signal to both? how do the instrument specifications compare?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(749 Views)

Hello Santhosh,

The input was the same square wave. The top picture of the second attachment is read out from the scope by USB connection. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(737 Views)

What instrument did you use to get signal capture into LabVIEW?

Edit: In the FFT VI I would recommend using rectangular window and removing averaging, windowing improves the noise floor and you'll get better results. Do you know the settings on your scope for FFT?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 4 of 5
(703 Views)

Hello Santhosh,

The instrument is Tektronix scope 1102x.

there is not too much setting we could do for this model. Tried the settings seems do not have too much impact on the result.  I tried rectangular window and removed averaging, it seems almost the same.  

But I was thinking wether the scope have a filter in its FFT calculation to remove something. I'm really new in FFT analysis and still not very clear about FFT. I will continue to have try.

Thank you too much for your inputs.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(682 Views)