LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely small cursors on both the front panel and the block diagram

I think Windows XP doesn't support 4K resolution. Therefore, the problem with Windows XP is probably there.

For Windows 10: A 100% "solution" is a downgrade from Windows 10 to version 1607.
(see page 3-4 for this discussion).

The "solution" is not very good (you miss the entire Windows security update, etc. For customers, the "solution" will not work in one way or another, as customers usually have the latest version of Windows), but at least you can work with LabView again.

Personally, I've been waiting 13 months for NI to solve such a critical problem. But nothing happens!
Have fun with 4K resolution and LabView ;o|

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 72
(2,680 Views)

A 100% "solution" is a downgrade from Windows 10 to version 1607 (see page 3-4 of this discussion).

The "solution" is not particularly good, because this way you miss the entire Windows 10 security update etz. and the customers usually have the latest Windows version, but at least you can work with LabView.

Personally, I've waited 13 months for NI to solve such a critical problem, but that doesn't happen!
Enjoy the 4K resolution under Windows and LabView environment.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 72
(2,691 Views)

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people struggling with this. I've just upgraded to a Windows 10 Laptop with a 4K display, which I bought exclusivley for LabVIEW 2017 developement work. However, in the screen's native resolution, the size of the LabVIEW cursor makes it almost unusable (regardless of the display scaling settings). The workaround, for me, was to lower the screen's resolution. It's not pretty, but at least I can see the cursor now!

Hopefully NI will fix this issue soon, so I can go back to using my screen in it's full resolution.

Come on NI - I've been a loyal cutomer since LabVIEW 5.0 - Sort it out (please).

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 72
(2,505 Views)

Hollowhorse,

Thanks for the extra context.  It doesn't look like this has been mentioned yet on this thread, but this is a known issue documented by R&D. The bug number for this issue is 677536. Be sure to check the bug fixes on each LabVIEW patch or version update to see if this issue is fixed in a future release. I've passed along the extra feedback directly to R&D, it helps to know how often customers run into these issues, so thanks for telling us!

VanCamp

Message 54 of 72
(2,487 Views)

This does not solve the issue with small cursors and small fonts being displayed in menus.  After talking with several other developers, I have to conclude that development support on 4k monitors is poor for current versions of LabVIEW.  

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 72
(2,427 Views)

CAR 677536 is fixed in LabVIEW 2018 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 72
(2,308 Views)

Will the bug (CAR 677536) also be fixed in LabVIEW versions 2015-2017?

Message 57 of 72
(2,285 Views)

When you're asking about those versions, have you seen the behavior in 2015-2016?  Or, are you asking because those versions list support for Windows 10?  

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 72
(2,276 Views)

I asked for a bugfix in LabVIEW 2015, 2016, 2017.

Message 59 of 72
(2,259 Views)

1080P is not a solution: this must be fixed! Previous coded Labview that covers total 4k screen in multi-layers on 1080P is like looking through key hole. I just bought HP 360 4k Laptop and 4k 32" Sausung because of pre-existing 4k code. And I do not want use Python.        Howard

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 72
(2,176 Views)