From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting vocals

I need to make a karaoke machine which compares a person's voice to the voice of the singer in a .WAV file.

Is there any way I can extract the waveform of the voice of the singer?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,251 Views)

There are a lot of ways from simply inverting one side and summing to fancy formant based masking algorithms in audio suites like Logic, Pro Tools, Audacity (free), etc.  LabVIEW wouldn't be my choice for working with audio in this way though.  What are you trying to accomplish?

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,223 Views)

Making a karaoke program using .wav files from the harddisk.

All the examples of karaoke I've found use DAQ, and the professor wanted us to make a karaoke program without using a DAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,219 Views)

LabVIEW does have native sound I/O VIs.  In most applications, these can be substituted for the DAQ ones.  Give it a try and let us know if you run into issues.

If you want an example of a sound acquisition app using the sound API, check this out.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,200 Views)