LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting Webservice method URL to user

Hi Dear professionals,

I already created web service and published on a specific IP address. My application behaves like intranet sharing software which collecting host pc (executable) measurements to network via web service. So another user in the same network can access these data by fetching URL with HTTP get method in another executable. For this purpose web service URL should be ;

IP ADDRESS:8088/IntranetService

In this case, at least host pc users should know what its IP but most of the users have multiple network cards with wifi and ethernet, and understanding which network card is used by web service is so complicated. I need to generate URL address which used by web service is working on run-time (not on a project)

So is there any method or property for web services to generate executed URL on run-time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,102 Views)

Hi Dear professionals,

I already created web service and published on a specific IP address. My application behaves like intranet sharing software which collecting host pc (executable) measurements to network via web service. So another user in the same network can access these data by fetching URL with HTTP get method in another executable. For this purpose web service URL should be ;

IP ADDRESS:8088/IntranetService

In this case, at least host pc users should know what its IP but most of the users have multiple network cards with wifi and ethernet, and understanding which network card is used by web service is so complicated. I need to generate URL address which used by web service is working on run-time (not on a project)

So is there any method or property for web services to generate executed URL on run-time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,098 Views)