From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra column in data?

I've got an extra column in my data that's putting commas in front of everything. The header says it's an unknown X value...any ideas on how to get rid of this phantom column of commas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,173 Views)

The file writing seems to be in a subVI called Untitled1 that you did not include.

Beyond that, there is a lot of cleanup that needs to be done.  All controls should have a name with the label visible on the block diagram.  There are way too many unnamed terminals on the block diagram that you can't figure out what they are for.

The master while loopo with the True wired to the Continue if True means you have an infinite while loop that forces you to abort the code.  So the VI's after that while loop can never run.

There is quite a tangle of waveforms, arrays, and feedback nodes going on.  It is hard to follow them.  The problem could be somewhere in that wiring.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,147 Views)

The problem started when I added my cycle count to the data file. I'm getting a cycle count but it seems like it's in the form of x,y. The data looks like this.  ,1,1.2,1.2,1.2,1.2

This represents the first cycle. The numbers looks good, other than that leading "comma", like there's a phantom value there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,125 Views)

Where is that screenshot located in your VI?  How does it relate to your question?  It doesn't show any conversion of data to either a string or writing to the text file.

I think you ought to be able to figure this one out your self with the appropriate use of the debugging tools like probes and highlight execution.  Go to where this string is generated, put a probe there.  Then work backwards putting probes on all the wires leading up to that point.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,108 Views)