LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External override an issue for Rod-L M100DC Hipot labview program (NI driver)

I am having trouble using the Rod-L M100DC Hipot tester in conjunction with the M1088 GPIB interface and the appropriate driver from the NI Developer Zone (there is only one ('rodl') for Labview).  I have used the correct GPIB and port addresses, as the program starts and resets the machine perfectly.  However, the machine does not adopt the values for voltage, current, voltage ramp rate and test time which are inputted into the Labview program; instead it uses the values set by the knob on the back panel of the M100DC.  Why is the instrument overriding the program?  Is there anything I can do to get this program to work?  Is there another program to use?  I am relatively unfamiliar with writing Labview code to interface with instruments.  Please advise. 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,456 Views)
Hey West Coast,

If this driver is not working properly then unfortunately there isn't much that can be done.  This driver is not supported nor maintained by National Instruments or a third party (as stated on the download page).  I would recommend either using the VISA vi's instead or contacting Rod-L to see if they have a Labview driver for this device.  If you decide to try unsing the VISA vi's you will first have to download and install NI-VISA (latest version found here).  Go to Labview's example finder for examples on how to use the vi's.  Then you will need the instrument's commands.  These can usually be found by either looking in the instrument's manual or by contacting the manufacturer.

I hope this helps in getting you started!

Best regards,

Jason W
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,435 Views)