LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express VI in packed library

Is it possible to distribute/use an express VI in a packed library?

I have developed a central error handler for use in a large application, based on the CEH developed by NI, which I modified to use user events and work across packed libraries (in principle). The re-entrant express VI for configuring errors is really useful! However, I can't get it to work outside the LabVIEW directory. I've tried moving the code to my source code directory, building menus, packaging the menus in a packed library, linking the new menu to the palettes in LV, but none of this works. Looks like I'm backing up and using another error handling approach.

(2,213 Views)

Hello Little Spaeroid

According to this you should be able to generate a packed library just by adding it to the project. However, Express VIs do not work like this since they are not added to the project when you include them. Perhaps what you can do is opening the Express VI front panel and convert that express vi into a normal VI. I think this is possible by opening the front panel of the express vi and saving it as a new name. Be careful though, if you do any changes to the VI make sure you same it under a new name. If you same it on the same name it may affect the next time you try to call that Express VI.

I hope this info helps you,

Have a nice day,

Sebastián Ramírez Sandí 

NI AE

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,164 Views)

Thank you, I also came to the conclusion that the answer was no. 

(2,144 Views)