LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express VI configure not "sticking"

I am making an express VI for a dialog box.  When I configure it, most settings are not "sticking," i.e. I set them, hit OK, and the Configure panel closes.  When I try to run the VI, the changes I had made are not there, and re-opening the Configure panel, shows most changes are not sticking.  A previous iteration of this worked fine, as do similar Express VIs.  Attached is the VI in a package that can be installed to LV2016 and later.  The only control that sticks is "Scale."  All others do not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,269 Views)

If it is just the VI, with the Dialog Box express VI, you can just attach that.

As for your problem: Which settings are sticking and which get reset?

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,239 Views)

The only control that sticks (works correctly) is "Scale."  All others do not.  

Attached are the VIs, not in a package.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,231 Views)

I have created an Express VI from a VI.  I've spent the time to arrange my Configure Panel.  Now I made changes to the original VI.  How do I update my Express VI without re-making the whole Express VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,179 Views)

I think you are the first person I have ever come across to say they were making their own Express VI.  I knew it could be done, but it always seemed like it would be a lot of work to create.  The intended audience for Express VI's seems to be limited and is for people who want to write a program, without really trying to program.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,165 Views)

It is not to bad to create one, but a huge pain it the @$$ to make changes.  I never would use one, normally, but I made some specialty dialog boxes for someone else to use, so they could easily configure message, size, buttons, colors, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,162 Views)