LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting from LabView?

Highlighted
Hi!

I'm using LabView 5.1.1. and wondering in what way I can export
information from VI's to other develpoment tools i.e. VC++. The
information I want to export the most is VI Information.
Is some development kit needed for this or is there some documentation
that describes how this is done?

/Klas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,232 Views)
Klas Fischer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using LabView 5.1.1. and wondering in what way I can export
> information from VI's to other develpoment tools i.e. VC++. The
> information I want to export the most is VI Information.
> Is some development kit needed for this or is there some documentation
> that describes how this is done?
>
> /Klas

Not quite sure I understand the question but I will
answer what I believe is the solution.
Assumptions:
1) Export VI information such as path, name, size,
Ie. all the things that can be obtained using the property node.
2) You wish to export these to some application developed with VC++

You can do this by using the VI Server and the Property Node.
Choose the information you wish to export. There is quite alot
and you may want to use
clusters to keep like items together.

From here you have a few choices.
You could write a CIN to interface to some C code.
You could write a DLL (or EXE) in VC++ that manipulates the information.
Either of these can be called from the VI created above.

Hope I am on the right track
Kevin Kent
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,232 Views)
I'm sorry if I couldn't explain my question good enough.
The thing is I want to read the VI description of a VI from
another application developed in VC++.
How can I access information inside LabView from another application?

/Klas


"Kevin B. Kent" wrote:

> Klas Fischer wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using LabView 5.1.1. and wondering in what way I can export
> > information from VI's to other develpoment tools i.e. VC++. The
> > information I want to export the most is VI Information.
> > Is some development kit needed for this or is there some documentation
> > that describes how this is done?
> >
> > /Klas
>
> Not quite sure I understand the question but I will
> answer what I believe is the solution.
> Assumptions:
> 1) Export VI information such as pat
h, name, size,
> Ie. all the things that can be obtained using the property node.
> 2) You wish to export these to some application developed with VC++
>
> You can do this by using the VI Server and the Property Node.
> Choose the information you wish to export. There is quite alot
> and you may want to use clusters to keep like items together.
>
> From here you have a few choices.
> You could write a CIN to interface to some C code.
> You could write a DLL (or EXE) in VC++ that manipulates the information.
> Either of these can be called from the VI created above.
>
> Hope I am on the right track
> Kevin Kent
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,232 Views)
> I'm sorry if I couldn't explain my question good enough.
> The thing is I want to read the VI description of a VI from
> another application developed in VC++.
> How can I access information inside LabView from another application?
>

Use the VI Server's Active X interface. I think its the #import option
in VC that lets you import an interface for an Automation server, and
this lets you get at almost everything that the VI Server exports through
property and invoke nodes. There are also some C++ wrappers for some of
this on the NI ftp site.

Greg McKaskle
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,232 Views)
a low tech method that I used way back is to copy the VI info information to
a text file...thus, a VI named XYZ.vi would have an associated text file
named XYZ.txt...

had to do this manually at the time (rev3), but if you have relatively
simplistic needs for the VI info information this may still be the easiest
way to go


Klas Fischer wrote in message
news:38C8F7AF.96448517@emw.ericsson.se...
> I'm sorry if I couldn't explain my question good enough.
> The thing is I want to read the VI description of a VI from
> another application developed in VC++.
> How can I access information inside LabView from another application?
>
> /Klas
>
>
> "Kevin B. Kent" wrote:
>
> > Klas Fischer wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm
using LabView 5.1.1. and wondering in what way I can export
> > > information from VI's to other develpoment tools i.e. VC++. The
> > > information I want to export the most is VI Information.
> > > Is some development kit needed for this or is there some documentation
> > > that describes how this is done?
> > >
> > > /Klas
> >
> > Not quite sure I understand the question but I will
> > answer what I believe is the solution.
> > Assumptions:
> > 1) Export VI information such as path, name, size,
> > Ie. all the things that can be obtained using the property node.
> > 2) You wish to export these to some application developed with VC++
> >
> > You can do this by using the VI Server and the Property Node.
> > Choose the information you wish to export. There is quite alot
> > and you may want to use clusters to keep like items together.
> >
> > From here you have a few choices.
> > You could write a CIN to interface to some C code.
> > You could write a DLL (or EXE) in VC++ that manipulat
es the information.
> > Either of these can be called from the VI created above.
> >
> > Hope I am on the right track
> > Kevin Kent
>
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,232 Views)