From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Clock signal myRIO FPGA

Hello I am trying to generate a clock signal at 32 MHz to send to an external ADC. I came across this example:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Three-3-Examples-of-Exporting-a-Clock-Signal-on-an-FPGA-De...

It is straightforward using a Single-cycle timed Loop with derived clock from the on-board oscillator at 40MHz. When I place an I/O node inside (or outside) I have a few minor issues for some reason. 

1) When I right click and click add new FPGA I/O nothing happens. I believe it should show the I/O line that I choose (ex DIO0). I can right click and select a constant and set that to the specific line. 

2) The FPGA I/O node defaults to a read mode, and I am trying to write. When I right click the node, the option to switch to write mode shows up, but when I click on it nothing happens. 

The target is added, but I'm not sure what I am missing. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm stumped. I have attached the project folder. The vi I have been testing is called FPGA_Clock Testing.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,150 Views)

What happens when you try the example code from your link to the tutorial?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,105 Views)

I should have posted the error message, but come to find out this morning when I went to adjust the node and change to write it worked just as expected. I am not sure what changed between now and yesterday, but thanks for the reply

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,096 Views)