From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export waveform without skipping a line

Hi everyone,

I use the "Export waveforms to spreadsheet file" vi in order to... export some waveforms to a spreadsheet file ! Smiley Surprised

I wired a "true" constant to "Append to file ?", and I noticed that it skip a line between two acquisitions. I wanted to know how I can avoid that, and write the data right after the previous one. I could just delete the empty lines with Excel, but for very long acquisitions it won't be very convenient.

Any ideas ?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,717 Views)

Create your own version of "export wfms to spreadsheet"!

(Don't edit the vi.lib-VI! Create a copy of it in your user.lib with a different name!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,712 Views)

Thanks for the answer.

I was afraid this was the solution of my problem, I'm not used to modify VIs directly. I tried to find the thing to change, without success for the moment. And "Export waveforms to spreadsheet file" uses an old version of Open/Create/Replace file so I will have to change this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,695 Views)

I had this same bug today and had to edit the "Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File" vi. In the "Generate Formatted Data" loop, the last Y values were always empty. I added the code in Bug Fix to remove that last column and now I don't have empty spaces in my excel files.

Message 4 of 4
(2,055 Views)