LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export variables - projectpath and URL

I have the Labview DSC software 

When I export my variables, I get Network ProjectPath and a Network URL.  The last part of both of these addreses should be the same. 

For example:

ProjectPath : "My Computer\Modbus.lvlib\Modbus1\028529

URL : \\.\Computer\Modbus.lvlib\Modbus1\028529

I don't know why there are two locations for an address.  There is only one location when I edit a variable to enter an address.

What happens if one address is different then the other?  Which one will take effect?  I ask this question because I have exported variables and copied the variable to new variables (to create additional variables) and changed the address of the new variables - but maybe I did not change both the ProjectPath and the URL.  When I import the new variables, they show up in the tag editor with the address in the ProjectPath and it appears to work. 

When I export the variables, I have some variables that do not have both the ProjectPath and the URL the same.  What will be the effect of this?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two fields?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,241 Views)

They are two different - though related pieces of information. The first specifies the path to an object as it is refered to in a project. The second is a path to the same object via the network. The first point to an object in a way that could potentially contain virtual folders (in other words things that don't really exist outside the project). The second points to where the object really exists on a real computer.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)

Thanks for the information.

But if both of these address show up in the export, why is there not two address locations when you edit a variable?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,235 Views)

Hi mz,

it seems the reason there are not two address locations when you edit the variable is because the URL should be based off the project path, and the reason they are different is because of what Mike said, they are related addresses, the project path is used within the project to reference the variable.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,215 Views)