LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel from express VI table is not working

I'm using labview sp1 2018 software Crio 904x. Ive found the required data in "express VI table" , but I'm not able to export to excel as it's not being highlighted.  I've tried to use " write delimited.. " as well as "write to measurement file "  , still no data is getting copied. Then I ve even tried to build array instead of express VI table, still the data is not getting copied.  

I hope I find an answer. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 64
(344 Views)

Hi Zaqf,

 

from all you wrote I can only answer: "You made something wrong!"

 

Attaching your VI (or even better: the whole project when a cRIO is involved) would greatly increase the chance to provide help to you…

Best regards,
GerdW
CLAD expired, using 2009SP1 + LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2018 sometimes) on Win7+cRIO
Kudos are welcome Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 64
(336 Views)

How are you running all this? Is your code running on the embedded Ni Linux target? How does it communicate with the "table" you are clicking on? Are you trying to save to the embedded target or to the PC?


LabVIEW Champion Do more with less code and in less time
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 64
(332 Views)

Here's the VI. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 64
(323 Views)

Hi Zaqf,

 

which error(s) do you get?

Can you please answer all those questions?

Best regards,
GerdW
CLAD expired, using 2009SP1 + LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2018 sometimes) on Win7+cRIO
Kudos are welcome Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 64
(319 Views)

I'm not getting any errors as such. I'm getting the data which I'm not able to save to an Excel file or .dat file. 

Running with a single hw timed sample at 4hz. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 64
(315 Views)

So when you hit your stop button, you get nothing?  As in no file?  Or a file, but no data in it?

 

I suspect the dynamic data wire.  You are creating a dynamic datatype, then an array of them, then concatenating that to an array which is coerced.  But I simulated data in the DDT, but your VI still ran for me.  I'd still suggest you convert the blue wire to a scalar right out of the DAQ Assistant using the Convert from Dynamic Datatype VI.  Better yet is to use real DAQmx functions and get rid of the DAQ Assistant.

 

Are you sure you have a valid path defined for your file?

 

I'd recommend putting a transpose array so that it orients your data as two columns rather than 2 rows.  Or perpaps build the array in the loop, then using the auto-indexing tunnel to build the 2-D array.

Message 7 of 64
(310 Views)

When I hit the stop , I get the data in my express table buh not copying the data to excel. It must be the dynamic data wire creating the issue. Could you enlighten me with the procedure to convert from dynamic data type.

 Yea , I valid path as in I created and empty Excel file in the desktop and pointed the path in the BD to that file. 

 Different version of vi which I've been trying.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 64
(307 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

I suspect the dynamic data wire.  You are creating a dynamic datatype, then an array of them, then concatenating that to an array which is coerced.  But I simulated data in the DDT, but your VI still ran for me.  I'd still suggest you convert the blue wire to a scalar right out of the DAQ Assistant using the Convert from Dynamic Datatype VI.  Better yet is to use real DAQmx functions and get rid of the DAQ Assistant.


How interesting -- this is basically the same recommendation I made to Zaqf's Post of May 7 with the identical problem (but a different Title for the Post).  I gather the completed Project is due tomorrow, but even if I wanted to do the work for free (I don't), there is such a paucity of detail (and responders have had to ask repeatedly to get anything) that it would be impossible to do.  Oh, well ...

 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 64
(297 Views)

Throw away untitled13.  I don't know why you are messing with Matrix datatypes.

Untitled5p has a problem in that you are acquiring 100 samples at a 10Hz rate, i.e. 10 seconds worth of data.  That is right at the 10 second timeout rate that DAQmx defaults to.  So it seems like you'd be timing out all the time.

 

So I went back to your VI in message #4.  I had to disable the DAQ Assistant because I don't have your DAQ device, so I simulated it with a random number.

 

Notice:

1. I put in a Convert From dynamic data.

2.  Moved the Build Array into the while Loop.

3.  But auto-indexing on the while loop tunnel.

 

(Note I don't like indexing on a while loop because if that while loop runs too long, the array will build to a very large size and perhaps too large for your memory.)

 

 

 

 

Message 10 of 64
(287 Views)