LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to diadem

When I select export to diadem on a waveform graph with multiple waveforms, what gets to diadem is two arrays for each waveform.  A y representing the data and an x representing the time scale.  That would be fine, but for some reason, the time scale consists of time data with only 1 second resolution.  It's useless for performing any operations, so I have to generate a time scale in diadem based on the known dt and number of samples.

Why would Labview do this and how do I get Labview to export the time axis using the actual waveform dt values?

thanks,

xl600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,078 Views)

I can't seem to get LabVIEW to actually open DIAdem by itself to test properly, but I did find that exporting to either the clipboard and then pasting in DIAdem, or exporting to Excel gave me results with the expected 1ms time increments from this snippet.

Is it possible that your waveform isn't storing the dt correctly and your graph multiplier is set such that it compensates?

Like I said, I can't actually test this it seems so I'll have to fix whatever is wrong with LabVIEW/DIAdem first.

Example_VI_BD.png

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,055 Views)

My graph multiplier is set to the default 1 and my typical waveform dt is 0.001.

Here's a copy of a graph (With data) that demonstrates this issue...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,034 Views)

Here's an even simpler demonstration.  What I noticed was that if the X axis is set to a display format of Absolute time, this problem occurs.  Set it to relative time and suddenly it works fine.  I use absolute time for all my graph outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,029 Views)

Now that you have a reproducible cause in a simple example I'd suggest a support request - it sounds like something you might get a CAR opened for, if there isn't already.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,022 Views)

Thanks.  I'll let this brew a bit on the forum before going to support.  Perhaps someone knows if this is an intentional behavior or if there's some magic property that sets this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,019 Views)

@xl600 wrote:

Thanks.  I'll let this brew a bit on the forum before going to support.  Perhaps someone knows if this is an intentional behavior or if there's some magic property that sets this.

MagicProperty

Capture.png

You also have the time display format set to 0 digits.  use 3  the display format is also used when exporting

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,014 Views)

That has no effect on this issue unfortunately.  The time export still comes into DiaDem without the fractional seconds (Even while displaying the fractional seconds).  Honestly, I would hope the display format wouldn't affect how the data is exported to DiaDem.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,010 Views)