Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data to excel in a single row

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am tearing out my hair on this simple problem:

I have sixteen loop which generate 20 values: 14 loop run once and 2 run 3 times.Then I export theses value to an excell sheet and

I want them to be displayed in a single row for everytime I run the VI. It work wery well until the 3 time loop which displays the first value in the first line, the 2nd in the second line etc...  I want all these value to be displayed in one single row so that I get at the end  20 columns and 1 line.

Does anyone has an idea ?

While I am, I would like to expose a second problem:

I am driving through GPIB interface two measuring instruments to test a "black box": I used a HP6813A AC voltage source to generate the input voltage and a HP6060A electronics Load to configure the output current and to measure the ouput voltage of the "black box".

My program is working, but not very well, I mean I can run it 5 time and get correct data but at the 6 sixth I get wrong data (zero) while the instruments screens displays good values.

Thanks for answering,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,741 Views)

I'm still interest in any Idea to solve these problem,

thanks you

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,726 Views)

Hi Ingenu,

To solve this issue, can you attached a simple VI that can reproduce this problem? Can you send in a simplified VI that exhibits the same behavior with the report generation toolkit?

Concerning the GPIB interface, do you receive any timeout or error message, when this behavior happened? Did the measurement seems good after a "zero" event? Can you attached the GPIB VI? 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,693 Views)

Hi Remi,

Thanks for answering. Here is a simplified VI that illustrate the Problem I have and the way I want the data to be generate via excel.

About the GPIB interface,sometime I receive a time out error, I try to correct by inserting a time delay at the concerned VI but it doesn't work.by the "zero" event, I mean, for instance,you run the VI and get 12 V and 650 mA; you run it again and now you get 0V and 625 mA or 0V and 0 mA all of this without any problem with the system being tested. I'm trying to apply a solution so I'll keep you informed of the situation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,689 Views)

This is the Right Vi (with defaut values).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,685 Views)

Hi, are you using the Report Generation Toolkit? Also can you save your VI for the 2009 version?

LabVIEW 8.2,8.6,2009...still learning 😛
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,671 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I am using the report generation toolkit but anyways, I have made a simplified version with only the basics tools for report generation.

So here's below the folowing version: 2009, 8.6 without report generation toolkit and 2009 with report generation toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,662 Views)

If you want a single row, why are yiu building a 2D array? Change the Build Array to Concantanate Inputs.

You are reall misusing local variables, Very bad coding.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,657 Views)

I am using a 2 D array because I am going to have a 2 D array at the end: I start with a single row and every time I run my VI, a new row will be added to the previous one. Moreover the "Excel easy table VI" only accept a 2D array of data as input.

I tried to change my 2D array in 1D array and change the build array to concatenate inputs, it works i.e I have an 1 D array with these 10 values. But now How to export this to excel since the "Excel easy table VI" only accept a 2D array (that the reason why I build a 2 D array).   

What's wrong with Local Variable ? I have read something about that but i did no really understand.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ingenu

Simply wiring a Build Array to the 1D output will create a 2D array.

Locals create copies and have the potential for race conditions - like you have.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,644 Views)