LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export all data from my waveform chart to excel

Hello, my name is Chris. I am just learning to use LabView. Everything I have learned so far is through these boards. Which is a valuable tool for someone learning. The VI I am working on is to monitor current from a unit we are testing. I am able to monitor current and have it running in what I believe to be real time. As I said, this is the first one I have made. I am trying to export all the data from my Waveform Chart to a report. Everytime I try I get one instance and it measures 0. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if you have any suggestions on the all around working of this I would appreciate that as well. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,722 Views)

So you are using the right click option to export to Excel? I don't have your instrument but I replaced the read with a random number generator and the export worked just fine.

I do question your use of the Amplitude & Measurements and Basic RMS functions on a scalar.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,718 Views)

I have been using that, but it doesn't let me take in all the data. It will only give me a certain span. I am running it for 15 minutes, and I would like to collect all that data. Those were a request that I had to include from my coworker.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,715 Views)

Are you viewing all the data on the graph before you "Export Data to Excel"? If memory serves, it will only export the data that is displayed on the graph. If you are zoomed in to only a section of data that is all that will get exported. When I opened your VI the graph is set to display only about a minute of data. Display the whole 15 minutes and then export.

Message 4 of 7
(5,709 Views)

Wow it was that easy. Thank you for the help. Now that I have all that down, I will learn the Microsoft Office Report Generator tools 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,706 Views)

I  have a new question on this topic. How do I dispay to the microsecond for the my data results?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,698 Views)

Hey Christophrt,

If you are trying to display the microseconds for a waveform chart in LabVIEW here is how you can do it:

Go to the Chart Properties>Display Format>X-Axis>Advanced editing mode>enter:

%<%I:%M:%S%6u>T  as the format string and you will have the hours: minutes: and seconds to the microseconds. 

If you are trying to display the exported data in microseconds in Excel, you will probably have to do some formatting changes in Excel to have that work.

Regards,

Tommy G.
Product Manager - Search
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,661 Views)