LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet Extra Lines

Glad to see someone else saw this problem. I thought I was going crazy too. Interestingly, I found that if you have multiple time columns (i.e. by setting the "Multiple Time Columns?" property to True) the VI doesn't cause this behavior. It's only if you have a single time column that blank rows are inserted after each write.

Does anyone know if this has been noted by the labview developers for future fixing? This definitely seems like a bug (though minor) that should be fixed. If not, perhaps the best way to get the developers' attention would be for me to open a new discussion and reference this one.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,997 Views)

I do not see a fix for this listed in the 2009 SP1 release, and this behavior got missed on our monthly bug thread in the Breakpoint forum. I don't know if a CAR was ever issued.

I agree it's a bug that should be fixed.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,987 Views)

A CAR has been filed for this and R&D is working on it. In the mean time, there is a workaround.

1. Open up the Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet VI and go to the block diagram.

2. Remove the Increment function that comes out of the shift register (bottom left hand corner of the block diagram). This should be wired straight through without the increment.

I would recommend saving the VI under another name, so that the original remains untouched.

Does this resolved the issue for all of you?

Have a great day!

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
Message 13 of 19
(1,969 Views)

Can you post the car number?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,961 Views)

The CAR number is 44310.

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,953 Views)

@Tanya V wrote:

The CAR number is 44310.

Thanks...Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,943 Views)

That works great, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,674 Views)

this issue remains unfixed. tested labview 2016 still adds an extra line with empty fields

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,527 Views)

Still an issue with LabVIEW 2020

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(946 Views)