cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation of VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone

i am doing a VI for the login. But now i am having problem to explain the VI. i took here and there information and

succeed in making the VI. i saw in many example online that

they use

from current user account -index array-decrement and in the case structure again, there is an index array but with constant1.

I dont understand why it is this way. Can somebody please help

i will be really grateful

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,648 Views)

This should help you to get started.

Also, please post the actual VI because it will be helpful if we could refer to the actual code.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but a VI is worth a thousand pictures!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 17
(2,637 Views)

Okie sir i will attach this VI right now

Here is it sir

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,622 Views)

@billko wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a VI is worth a thousand pictures!

Said it  very correct...!! Kudos.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,615 Views)

Hi Zahkay,

i am doing a VI for the login. But now i am having problem to explain the VI.

Well, when you created that VI you should know your intentions when doing so…

When you only copied parts of code from different sources you should also know why you wanted to copy&paste…

When you got that code from other people: ask them on their intentions!

- Using "compare for equal" on boolean values always almost looks RubeGoldberg to me…

- Using STOP in your VI is bad design, using it twice is really bad design…

- Don't using AutoCleanup before posting the VI is disrespect to the forum audience…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,611 Views)

Here's a tidbit of info that new LabVIEW users are usually unaware of:

Ctrl+H turns on context help, and hovering over something will give a brief explanation of the object.  If there is a detailed help link, it will provide more info in a traditional help format.  Try it on the things in question and let me know if that helps.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 6 of 17
(2,610 Views)

Hello bilko, yeah i did try the Ctrl -H, but it explain only about the specific icon. I wanted to know the sequence of the index array with the decrement. I understand that if the username is same then i can continue or else no.

the explanation behind the scene from that user accound connecting to index array.

this Vi was standard for almost all the online example.

thank you for helping

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,598 Views)

Hi Zahkay,

this Vi was standard for almost all the online example.

I don't think this VI is "standard" for online examples - with all those RubeGoldberg on bad design decisions…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,593 Views)

Here are a few observations from the peanut gallery:

Straighten up the wires and organize things in... well... an orderly fashion!  You wouldn't write text code without indents and for the same reason: It makes the code more readable.

Using the STOP sign pretty much crashes your VI and doesn't give the VI a chance to clean up after itself.  Learn how to exit gracefully.

Avoide hidden controls used the way you are using them.  You hide controls when you want the user to not be able to interact with them, not becuase you are using it to store a value and it looks ugly.  Learn how to properly manipulate data.

You don't need to test the state of a boolean.  They are already true or false.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,591 Views)

Hello sir

yes sir, i wanted to use this so that when i login and the password is correct. i can continue with the other process.

When i search online and see it was using because when i dont put this , it does not work. I wanted to make my VI work and help myself to understand. when i could not, i ask for small advice .

sir i didnt use auto cleanup. I just took this VI from my whole program because i was unable  to upload my whole VI here.

i apologise for it even though .

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,589 Views)