From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with sales through Newark?

I understand that NI is outsourcing its LabVIEW license sales to Newark. I am presently trying to get my LabVIEW license renewed through them and am not happy with Newark's service (sent a PO and it's still not proceeded 3 days later, and no one at Newark has a way to confirm that my email was actually received). I understand that there are growing pains with a switch like this, but I still need to get a LabVIEW license. If you are also having issues, have you found an effective workaround to get your order processed? I would especially be interested in another way to purchase my license from someone besides Newark.

Message 1 of 10
(1,465 Views)

@colorimeter wrote:

I understand that NI is outsourcing its LabVIEW license sales to Newark.

When did they start that? 

We have always purchased LabVIEW licences any NI hardware directly from NI. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,406 Views)

I think this happened very recently. If you figure out how to continue to purchase directly through NI please let me know.

To be fair, Newark seemed to have straightened things out with my order after some back and forth, so hopefully others' experience will be smoother as the transition moves along.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,391 Views)

@colorimeter wrote:

I think this happened very recently. If you figure out how to continue to purchase directly through NI please let me know.

To be fair, Newark seemed to have straightened things out with my order after some back and forth, so hopefully others' experience will be smoother as the transition moves along.

I donno, it has been awhile since I bought anything from them as I am not the one that handles this for our company. But I just went to NI's website, added a couple things to the shopping cart, and it looks like I can pay for it right there...

LVCCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 10
(1,367 Views)

@colorimeter wrote:

I'll be the first to criticize NI's website as absolutely horrible, but that's not hard to find. The link to buy it is the first thing on the product page.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/software/products/labview.html

Also, if you google "buy labview" that's the second hit, with the first being the edition comparison page (on which clicking any of the select buttons brings you to the purchase page).

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/labview/select-edition.html

I'd be curious to know where you got the idea that NI is moving to such a sales model. A misleading statement somewhere? It's been possible to buy through third parties (Newark, Digikey, etc.) for years, but I've seen no indication that NI plans to stop selling direct. AFAIK, the only thing new about the way they sell licenses is the move to subscriptions.

Message 5 of 10
(1,298 Views)

I got an email form NI on Jan 19, 2021, titled:

"New and improved ways to purchase NI products and solutions"

(here's part of it):

altenbach_0-1670709341303.png

Message 6 of 10
(1,278 Views)

Interesting...

That email makes it sound like Newark is the official way to buy things and so does this page, but then on this page there's several distributors listed and they are clearly still selling direct...

Confusing, but that's par for the course I guess. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,172 Views)

Maybe NI only deals with the big customers directly while Newark deals with the pedestrian rest?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,167 Views)

I know we "lost" our western Canada NI rep several years ago now (2018ish?) and have to go through a third party ("Testforce" ) now for our NI needs. I am not a fan of the a third party getting in-between.

However, the NI website still lets me purchase directly from NI... but the third party still seems to get their fingers in the pie involved.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,154 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

@colorimeter wrote:

I donno, it has been awhile since I bought anything from them as I am not the one that handles this for our company. But I just went to NI's website, added a couple things to the shopping cart, and it looks like I can pay for it right there...

LVCCapture.PNG

Shoot! I was hoping for the card information! 🤣

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 10 of 10
(1,137 Views)