From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting LabVIEW opens new VI.

Hi,

we found a very strange behaviour when we're closing LabVIEW 2012. Sometimes when we want to close the Getting Started Window LabVIEW doesn't close and opens a new VI. This happens when we're using the windows cross or File->Exit. The same behaviour is with LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

We cannot say what we have done, we cannot surely reproduce this behaviour, it's very spontanous.

I've searched the forum for such an entry, but didn't find such an entry. Please do not shoot me if it's a double post.

Tyler

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,178 Views)

@TylerDurden wrote:

Hi,

we found a very strange behaviour when we're closing LabVIEW 2012. Sometimes when we want to close the Getting Started Window LabVIEW doesn't close and opens a new VI. This happens when we're using the windows cross or File->Exit. The same behaviour is with LabVIEW 2012 SP1.

We cannot say what we have done, we cannot surely reproduce this behaviour, it's very spontanous.

I've searched the forum for such an entry, but didn't find such an entry. Please do not shoot me if it's a double post.

Tyler

I *know* there is a post on this sibject, but I can't find it, either!  I forgot exactly what it is, but some combination of events puts LabVIEW in a weird state where it does exactly what you are seeing.  Unfortunately I don't remember the workaround.  I believe NI has a fix that will be implemented soon...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,156 Views)

Here is that post.

LabVIEW opens new blank vi when attempting to exit.

It appears to be a bug that NI is aware of.

Message 3 of 4
(2,146 Views)

Raven to the rescue again.  Thanks for filling in the blanks!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,136 Views)