LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit on condition

Solved!
Go to solution

I am modifying a VI for use with the Keithley 2400 source meter.  I need the VI to stop when the measured current reaches a set level.

I am working on the Keithley 24XX Read Multiple.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,322 Views)

can you please provide us an example of you problem or the actual vi

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,321 Views)

Here is the VI.  I would like to add something to the output of the Greater Or Equal? to stop the VI when the Max Current value is reached.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,316 Views)

It would also be a good idea to post an image of your code (in .png format).  I can't open it here (I'm use 8.2)

OK, here's what I am thinking.  It's probably a loop and you need multiple conditions to stop the loop.  Right now, you have one condition wired to the stop on the loop.

So, if I'm right, here's what I would do.

1) Disconnect the wire to the loop stop.

2) Put an Or node in the loop and connect the output of the Or to the loop stop.

3) Connect one of the or inputs to whatever was connected to the loop stop before.

4) Now, add another >= node and wire that up to the other input....

If I'm wrong, sorry -- another good reason to post an image of your code -- you don't have to read posts by people who don't have any idea what the problem really is.

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,314 Views)

Keithley 24XX Read Multiple_changed3.png

Thanks for the help.  The problem I had with your suggestion is the stop did not like the array of Booleans.

Here is a screen capture.  The code is inside a while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,307 Views)

Ah, oookkaayyy....

What you need is pretty easy  -- it's an And All node.  On the boolean palette, it's the thing that looks like an upside-down A.  Hook up an array of booleans to it, and it will and them all and output the result.

Does that help?

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,304 Views)

You get an array of booleans, one for each data point in the array. You can do one of two possible operations on it (both from the boolean palette):

insert an "and array elements": The loop will stop if all values meet the condition

insert an "or array elements": The loop will stop it at least one value meets the condition

Message 7 of 12
(3,284 Views)

I hope this helps I added a for loop and an or boolean.

Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,230 Views)
or this.....
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,228 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author irun26.2

Thanks for the help.  This is the solution I found.

exit_solution.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,199 Views)