From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit a Control & Simulation Loop prematurely

Hey all,

I am currently running a RT Simulation of a Throttle Valve on a RT Target (cRIO 9053). The RT VI, which contains the simulation, gets controlled by a Host VI.

I want to have some kind of button in my host VI to prematurely stop the RT VI (e.g. the simulation loop).

The simulation end time is set to infinite (inf).

Is there a possibility to prematurely exit that simulation loop with a boolean trigger?

I would attach my VI, but the VI itself has absolutelly nothing to do with the problem and sadly is confidential..

I hope this is okay!

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(692 Views)

I would attach my VI, but the VI itself has absolutelly nothing to do with the problem and sadly is confidential..

I hope this is okay!

Nope.  Recognize this?  "I can't make my code do what I want, but the problem has absolutely nothing to do with my code..."

Sorry, I have nothing concrete to contribute but am a little revved up about insufficient self-awareness.

I respect that code can indeed be considered confidential.  I've been in such environments and understand this, even while also recognizing that little of I was protecting would ever be wanted.

But the *main* point is that wise programmers rarely (if ever) express *certainty* that their code is not at fault.

I'll have to defer real help to those who are familiar and experienced with cRIO and the simulation toolkit.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(658 Views)