From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute every VI but show then after different action by the user

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning everyone,

Sorry for my english in advance, you'll see some mistakes probably :3 I hope that you will understand anyway !

Well, i'm a beginner with labview and i'm working in a project about a system which can take some speed and strenght measures. 

I already created several VI :

- One for the speed

- One for the strenght 

- One in order to do a report 

- and an other to choice the type of the test. 

To sum up, the system have to control 2 types of measures : 24 km/h and 28 km/h and we have to be in conformity with this 2 different tests obviously. 

So the goal is : 

1) Display the first VI : type of measure and let the user choice about 24 or 28 km/h and then Labview will say if it's in conformity or not after the measure.

2) Display the VI which show speed measures for the users; 

3) Display the VI which show strenght measures; 

4) And finally the last VI to do the report : i integrate checkbox, etc. 

I would like to help the users to switch in this VI thanks to buttons "previous" or "next". 

I already write a "Main". If i run the main i got a first push button to go in a VI and then i got some buttons "next" to show the next VI. 

But now i got different problem and even if i try to solve him i really don't understand how ...

I'll develop my problems : 

- The main problem is about the execute of these VIs : The test is during 0,6s. So i would like to run every VI during the test, save data, and only then show different data for the users thanks to these VI like i explained just before. For now, if i understand, my work just run different Vi when i click on the button "Next" and finally i don't want to do this. 

- An other problem is that actually the user can navigate between different VI but they still aren't delete when the user click on "next" finally it's useless actually. In exemple, i want that the user look at the data speed, write them on an other file, then click on next, delete front panel and show the next, write on an other file, click on next, etc... and I don't understand how it's possible... 

- Finally, i think that's possible, but the best thing for me could be that different data be saved in a file, with everything which is on the front panel. If i got a graphe, i would like the graph in a file, etc. And in exemple for my last VI, the report, thanks to the checkbox. If something is check, write in a file, and if it's not ignore it. 

Sorry for this very long text and my bad english. I hope that you understand my problem... I really need help -_- I'm desappointed, it's an important project for me (apprenticeship) and i really tried a lot this last week but i'm asking you now cause i really don't have idea anymore... 

Thank you in advance, 

I join my project in order to receive a little help and explanations to solve this problem 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,967 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author XFly

Hi,

With your architecture, it's obvious  you can't go back.

I would be more approprate to have a main.vi with a State machine for example that would call subVI front-panel thanks to SubVI supanel Control on themain.vi front panel.

Here's some documentation :
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D587067E18E0E70186256D44007B91FE

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/loading_panel_in_subpanel/

Adrien

Adrien M.
Certified LabVIEW Developer
National Instruments France

Travaux Pratiques d'initiation à LabVIEW et à la mesure

Du 2 au 23 octobre, partout en France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,922 Views)

Thank you for this fast anwer 🙂 

Well i don't really understand... you are telling me that i can't go back ? what does it mean ? I'm not in the good way finally... 

So ... should I totally restart the project and use the solution that you gave me just after ? 🙂 

I read these 2 links and according to them it's probably better if i restart my project ... it will be easier now cause i already got my VIs and i can use copy/paste easily no ? 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,910 Views)

Yes, as long as you have you subVIs set up modularly (in small chunks) you should be able to easily translate your functionality to a state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,884 Views)