From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute events sequentially

Solved!
Go to solution

It appears to be related to the enums being different.  Make sure all of your state enums are linked to the type def.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 16
(1,042 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Replace the three tasks (and three buttons) with a single Task/Button called "Do All Three" and string the three tasks, in the order you wish them to be executed, on a single Error Line using appropriate data.

Bob Schor 

I would actually KEEP all three buttons so you have the option to run each test individually as well as have the "Full Test" button.  This can be extremely helpful of you need to troubleshoot a failed UUT.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,027 Views)

How exactly do I do this.

What I have done is created a new enum. I saved as a strict typedef. When I link this to the case the dases are just numbers. I'm sure this is quiet simple but i cant seem to get it right. How do I attach the typedef enum and how do I replace all instances of plain enum???

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,008 Views)

Actually I got it working. I just added a new shift register and deleted the old one.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(999 Views)

I will probably keep the buttons and keep them for individual tests.

Thanks for all the comments folks. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(996 Views)

MarkGreally wrote:

How do I attach the typedef enum and how do I replace all instances of plain enum???

Right-click on the enum constant and choose "Replace->Select a VI..."  Now browse to your type def and select it.  Do this for all of the enum constants you have.

Alternatively, you can change your enum control into a constant and then you just do a copy and paste, replacing each enum constant you have.

Needless to say, it is a lot simpler if you just make the type def enum at the beginning and then you just add to that enum's definition as needed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(958 Views)