LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable with Activex controller does not fetch the data when run on another machine

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Team, I am building an application using ‘TrioPC’ active controller to connect to Trio Motion Controller. I have created an executable using application builder and trying to run it on another application where I have installed the setup which was build through ‘Application Builder’.

Issue – Exe does open but connection does not gets open and does not read values from Trio Controller on new machine. But when I run same exe in my machine (on which i have developer edition is installed), it opens up the connection and retrieves the data from controller. Executable runs successfully on my machine but not on different machine.

Please help me guide if I am missing anything while building executable. Or anything else I need to take care of. LV version I am using is – LV17.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,020 Views)

Hi "f a g",

please attach images, but don't hide them inside some curious Office file formats!

check.png

Do you get any errors in your executable?

What's the point of the outer case structure?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fagcontrols

Sure GerdW, will take care next time.

I don't get any errors, exe gets opened normally but connection to TrioPC does not open up. And hence it does not fetch values from controller.

Outer case structure is just to open the connection one time when exe is ran. And then use this connection in while loop for processing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,987 Views)

Hi fagcontrols,

connection to TrioPC does not open up.

Do you get any errors in the error wire in this case? Do you check the error wire somewhere? (Do you do some error handling at all?)

Outer case structure is just to open the connection one time when exe is ran.

Still no reason for that structure…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fagcontrols

There is one setup from Trio Controller (TrioPCMotion_2_20_2-A(x86)_Setup) which was missing on target computer. After installation of this setup I am able to fetch the data.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,916 Views)