LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe not working with VI server.

I'm having problems using VI Server on a target machine that only has the Run-Time Engine. I can run the executable on my machine just fine, but when I run it on the target PC I get:

Error Code:63
Error Description:Open Application Reference in VI Server - ARINC - Action Engine.vi->ARINC.vi
I had a text file dump out the error and call chain. VI Server - ARINC - Action Engine.vi dynamically calls ARINC - Action Engine, which is a Functional Global specifically designed to keep Condor's ARINC functions in memory (I'll keep the reasoning out because it's a completely different problem). 
The error is occurring directly after the Open Application Reference VI. This only happens on the target PC. The ini file says that the server is enabled, and I've switched the machine name from 127.0.0.1 (which worked on my PC, and should work on all) to whatever the IP of the PC is, thinking that would make a difference, it didn't.
TCP is enabled under Tools>>Options>>VI Server and it works on my PC when compiled, the problem only arises when I put it on the target PC.
What am I missing?
Thanks,
Adam

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(2,825 Views)

Probably firewall.  It runs as an executable on your development machine?

A

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(2,815 Views)

Oh, do you have the server running on the target system?  That would also do it.

A

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,809 Views)

No dice, turned off the firewall and still the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,803 Views)

Also, no server running on the PC. In fact, it's a fresh install of XP (minus the Run-Time engine and DAQmx).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(2,801 Views)

If there is no server, then you won't be able to connect. 😉

Suggest you install that. 😄

A

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,789 Views)

Where is the link for the server? I've been looking for that but I can't find anything that is specifically "VI Server". I thought it got installed with the Run-Time engine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,787 Views)

Please forgive me, I've not seen this way of setting up a local thread before.  If I'm reading this correctly, you are opening an application reference to the current execuable.  In which case, the probem is not TCP.  The problem is in your build file.  You need to add a Dynamic VI to your build file (what one, I'm not sure, the file name is being spit out by that RSE-10 block).  If you don't, the vi will not be available to your executable so it cannot run it.

May I ask why you are doing it this way?  Is it something that was made by someone else and that is how they said it is to be executed?  If not, why not just make a subVI with a connector pane?  It is much easier and uses less resources as it doesn't have to generate a new thread stack.

A

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,769 Views)

The problem is the VI server. I can do a command of 'telnet 127.0.0.1 3363' on my PC, but not on the target PC. When I close LabVIEW on my PC, the command fails, I think LabVIEW has to be open to use the VI server, it won't work with executables.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,759 Views)

Are you trying to talk to another process?  If not, remove the Open Application block from your diagram.  The open VI block will open the VI that is local to the process.

If you are trying to talk to another process, let me know and we'll see if we can figure out something else.

A

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,752 Views)