LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception occured at a call to "NI_AALBase.lvlib:Median.vi"

I've only received the attached error twice in the many times I've run my application.  I can't figure out why this NI DLL would throw an error.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert Mortensen
CLA, CLED, LabVIEW Champion, Principal Systems Engineer, Testeract
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,902 Views)
Does this error occur when running an executable or a VI, and what version of LabVIEW are you running? 

The reason I ask is we have noticed some issues with certain installs of LabVIEW 8.2.1 when installed over LabVIEW 8.2.  This is documented in the following KnowledgeBase:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C4B6EF55C6948A27862572B30068BF91?OpenDocument

This has not been a case in the past when applying an update, and steps have been taken to avoid this in the future.

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,893 Views)
Thanks for replying, Bob.  I am running an executable and I did install 8.2.1 over 8.2.  However, I don't get any of the build errors mentioned in the KB you referenced.  The executable has run thousands of times without error, and only thrown the error twice.  You say this will be avoided in the future, but is there anything I can do now to not get this error?

Thanks,
Robert Mortensen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,889 Views)
What I mentioned previously about steps being taken to avoid errors in the future is a statement referencing the build errors for installing 8.2.1 over 8.2. 

If your specific error is not related to the build errors, there is nothing documenting this error on my end at this point.  To move towards a solution for your error we need to first isolate the error.  For instance, what operating system are you running, how much ram do you have on the system and have there been any memory issues with other applications, what other applications are running, what is being done in this application when this error occurs, etc.  The further we can isolate the issue, the better we can understand what factors contribute to the error. 

From establishing a background for the issue, we can take steps towards reproducing this error.  Have you tried duplicating the error on a different computer?

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this and have a great weekend!

-Bob
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,880 Views)
Running Windows XP on a new Dell computer with 1.0 GB RAM.  No other applications are running; no memory issues with other applications.  I may just write my own median function.  That will probably take less time that trying to track down why this LV dll throws an error.
Robert Mortensen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,844 Views)
I understand you installed 8.2.1 over 8.2.  Again, the following KnowledgeBase documents issues with NI_AALBase.lvlib when 8.2.1 has been installed over 8.2:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C4B6EF55C6948A27862572B30068BF91?OpenDocument

I am curious, have you tried using the patch provided in this KB?

-Bob

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,841 Views)