From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x73A9B36A

Hi,

I am running into this error in a big plugin-based application, and it always occurs in one of the little subVI that has to reorder the waveforms in an array of waveforms.

The main application is a producer-consumer structure, and from the producer I queue 1 event each timeout that has to decodify data and append it at the end of the waveforms. Inside that, there is this little guy that gives the error. It occurs randomly, I cannot predict when or why. I have read 6 possible solutions to this problem on the forums, but none of them seemed to work on my vi. The one that made more sense to me was to avoid the use of "build array", but the results were the same.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,075 Views)

I forgot, I am using LV14 32bits on a Windows 7 64bit machine. The plugin contains VISA calls through USB for communication to a microcontroller, but that is third-party packed library and works well in other applications.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,073 Views)

@droval wrote:

I forgot, I am using LV14 32bits on a Windows 7 64bit machine. The plugin contains VISA calls through USB for communication to a microcontroller, but that is third-party packed library and works well in other applications.

Does that third-party packed library call DLLs? Just because it doesn't crash in one application does mean nothing in terms of correct implementations of the Call Library Node setup or the actual DLL itself!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,037 Views)

It was not about the dll, I found the problem seems to be with "build array". I was reorganizing an array of waveforms, and it didn't like the part where the waveforms had different length. So I chopped the extra points in the waveforms before the problematic VI instead of afterwards, and the problem hasn't occurred anymore since then. Thank God I didn't need different length waveforms and those extra points were garbage, because if that was not the case I would have had a serious problem. Thank you for your time and help. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,006 Views)