From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel save as

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello forum'ers,

I'm stuck with this simple function i'm looking for - Excel "Save as". Ive already search the related topics and use the "save as" of workbook invoke node but error 97 occurs. i believe there is something wrong in my code. anyone there kindly help me identify the problem.

Situation: I have an Excel file named "book1.xls" - open it - append text - save as "new1.xls" - close.

Desired Result: maintain my book1.xls unchange, generate another file "new1.xls.

I attached a draft example to pinpoint my problem.  Im using LV 8.5

thanks for attention - Kung Hei Fat Choi!...

Ivel R. | CLAD
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,301 Views)

Hi, you need save file after you create a New Report, at this moment the file book1.xls doesn't exists.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,295 Views)

to bruno,

sorry for delayed reply (we have a long holiday here in Taiwan). In response, the book1.xls was existed. what is not is the new1.xls.

what i want to do is to open the existing book1.xls, -- changed some data, -- save to another file name new1.xls like we have commonly did in excel application "save as function". so that book1.xls will not change and create another file named new1.xls. i hope my problem is more clear now.

i think what you want to say is that the "new1.xls" was not existed and i need to create this 1st? if so, then how does the invoke node "save as function" works? it looks like it does'nt work the same as excel function. because we knew in excel we just need to select the "save as" and create a new name - then new file was created!..

regards,

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ivelson

Have you tried the 'Save Report to File.vi' in the Report Generation palette?  I haven't, but it sounds promising...

Message 4 of 7
(3,248 Views)

to Darin,

yeah... that was truly promising because it works!...

thanks a lot!

Ivel R. | CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,243 Views)

Kudos,

Can you save your LabView program in 8.2 and repost it? I would like to take a look at your code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,083 Views)

Save Report to File does work for creating a new excel workbook, what is confusing is the description [even in LV2019] reads " Saves HTML..." which does not make you think it would save an .xls.

Excel Save to File.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,705 Views)