From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel remains open in Taskmgr

Hi,

I am trying to read excel sheet names. I am not able to close excel after operation. Could you please explain why?

Thanks,

Sanad MM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,587 Views)
I can't duplicate any error. It works fine for me.
PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,580 Views)

Hi Poul,

I don't know what is wrong in that system. It is working for me also in another system. I will try once again after restarting.

Thanks,

Sanad MM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,565 Views)

You have a breakpoint set right before your error out indicator.  But perhaps that is just from your debugging process.

Instead of having a shift register for the error wire on you For loop, make them regular tunnels.  Perhaps probe for errors in that For loop.  One problem with error wire shift registers in loops is that one potential error would keep all other iterations of the loop from executing as well.  It may not be the problem here, but is something to consider.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,557 Views)

I can't open your vi (only have 8.2 here), but I ran into an issue lately where Excel wouldn't close because it was waiting for input from the user.  The Excel files were originally saved in Excel 2002, but the PC running the LV app that opened them, read them, and closed them wanted to save them back as Excel 2003, which is what it had installed on it.

I don't know if there was a work-around in the Excel options or not - we just rolled the Excel install back to 2002 and that fixed it.

Good Luck,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,546 Views)

This happens only when "highlight execution" is enable. Otherwise it is removing from taskmgr also.

Sanad MM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,516 Views)