LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel error "Automation Interface for the specified class cannot be obtained"

Hi,

My application is saving excel file using Report Generation-Excel Specific functions in Labview.It works fine on my computer(Office 2007 installed),but it is unable to work on the deployment PC which also has Office2007 installed ,error information is as follow:

“Automation Interface for the specified class cannot be obtained. Check if the automation refnum type is the correct class for this operation”

123123.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,141 Views)

OK.  Now attach the entire VI (no pictures, please -- we cannot try to "execute" a picture).  Also, tell us:

• The Operating System (including whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit).
  • The Version of LabVIEW (also 32-bit or 64-bit).
  • The Version of Office (you said Office 2007, which might only be 32-bit).

Note that more recent versions of LabVIEW have dropped support for older versions of Windows and of Office (you can find details with a Web search).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,116 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think it is a VI problem.The function in the picture is a raw VI and it fails to execute on a deployment PC.

The question I want to ask is that,how can I check the system enviroment of a PC to know that is able to run such OFFICE thing.For example,check COM service or install some addins ,or register EXCEL Active X ...

My development PC is working fine,but the deployment PC is not.So is there a way to compare them to know difference between?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,088 Views)

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,067 Views)

Yes.  See my earlier post.  Also, you now mention "Deployment PC", which suggests that you are building an executable to run on another PC.  So include the entire Project (make a Zip file of the folder with the Project and all its VIs/Controls) and answer the questions about the Target as well as the Development PC.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,062 Views)