From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel error -2146777998

I was trying to update the excel File continuously. The excel file opens and updates without any problem when i don't click any of the cell in the excel sheet. while during the excel update When i click any of the cell it is skipping few rows or columns in the update process. why this scenario is occurring. when it is checked for the error it is stating error -2146777998. Can anyone clarify.

Message 1 of 3
(2,681 Views)

This is an Excel error. When you are clicking on a cell when continuously updating you are changing the active cell and maybe also the window focus and thus messing things up.

The best solution to this is don't do anything with Excel while it is being updated. An alternative is to save to a csv file instead.

Ben64

Message 2 of 3
(2,628 Views)

Thanks for the reply. As suggested will this problem will be overcome if i save as csv file. Moreover i dont find this kind of problem when i try to update excel with else other software like Vee Pro. Is this error is specific error between excel and the LabVIEW.

Message 3 of 3
(2,593 Views)