cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel I/O

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning All,

I have been doing some searching on the forum and cannot find my exact solution, if it does already exist please let me know. I have an excel ".csv" file with around 5000 rows, each row has a time stamp (column a) and a gage reading (column b). I would like to read the first data set (one row) and plot on a chart, wait 1s, plot the next row and continue to do this for the entire file. With the attached VI all data is plotted in one instance. 

The goal behind regulating the plot time is to simulate data acquisition from the gage while at an off site location. 

Thank you in advance. 

-Grover

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,422 Views)

Can you upload your VI in version 2011.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,417 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GroverGun

You don't want to read your file in the loop.  Read it before and use loop indexing to display your chart data.

CCC.png

EDIT: BTW, notice I changed the file read to TAB separated (TSV).  Comma Separated Value (CSV)files will bite you badly when you have to deal with a file from Europe where they use the comma as a decimal point.  TSV is now the pretty much the default standard.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,407 Views)

Worked great, thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,395 Views)