cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Graph add Legend Name

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am desperately trying to add legend names in an excel graph created via the report generation toolkit. I have selected the "has legend" option in the "excel insert graph" function but the legends appear nameless... So after looking into the various excel specific VIs of the toolkit with no luck, I tried to do this via activex. I followed methods similar to the ones provided in the link below but I still did not get it.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Legend-format-in-an-Excel-Graph-using-the-LabVIEW-MS-Office/m-p/5841...

I am sure I am missing something obvious here. It cannot be that hard to do such a simple thing Smiley Surprised

Please help,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,266 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charmand79

OK got it.

In the "excel insert graph" VI the input "row headers" corresponds to the legend(s) name. However, I must admit that the Labview help got me confused... In the help file it does not make clear what this input is all about and on top of that it says "Leave this parameter unwired if you want to create an XY graph". I was creating an XY graph so I just ignored this input. 

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,255 Views)