LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Easy table.vi returns wrong numbers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working on a project to make automatic measurements in Labview, and transfer them to a pre-made Excel file.

But I came across something weird. The measurement is in Volts and the output is in mili Volts. This goes without any problems, but when it is written to the Excel file, it becomes a number that doesn't completely match with the input.

For example. The input number to the "Excel Easy Table.vi" is 50,2863, but the number written to the Excel file is 50286,000

How is this possible, and even more important, how can I fix this?

 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,463 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jorim

I don't have where to check if this is the case, but this might be helpfull:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Decimal-Point-Problems-with-the-Excel-Easy-Table-VI-and-Excel/td-p/1...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,446 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. I was on holiday vacation so I haven't worked on it anymore.

Unfortunately this didn't help. Somehow it works now and than. I've deleted the "Excel easy table.vi" and replaced it again with a new vi. That didn't work at first until I rebooted the system. I made it work for a while, but after I closed the program and restarted it again, it does the same thing. 

I am sorry if it is kind of a vague thing, but I don't get it either. I reallydon't know what is going wrong or what the solution is.

 

**EDIT**: Your solution did help, but I forgot to restart.... Thanks for this

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,305 Views)