LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Examlpe Finder in French after 8.0.1 Update

Has anybody else opened the Example Finder after applying the 8.0.1 patch?

Mine now shows up in French where it's normally in English.

Support is looking into it.

Ed

Message Edited by Ed Dickens on 03-08-2006 02:11 PM

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 1 of 15
(6,020 Views)
This may not be related to the 8.0.1 patch. I talked to support and a couple of the App. Engs. had the same problem but have not installed the patch.

A simple work around is to rename the Example Finder ini file so the executable doesn't find it.

The theory is the token that sets the localization is getting set somehow for the Example Finder.

They have filed a bug report to investigate the problem.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
Message 2 of 15
(6,001 Views)
Have you got something against the French? Smiley Very Happy

Sorry... couldn't resist.

OK, long day...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,989 Views)
Or maybe add a pop up msg that asks " parlez-vous français?" Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 15
(5,973 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:
Have you got something against the French? Smiley Very Happy

Sorry... couldn't resist.

OK, long day...

Of course not, I love their fries and toast  Smiley Tongue

It's just that the year of French I took in high school 20 some odd years ago didn't stick with me.

Ed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(5,966 Views)

"It's just that the year of French I took in high school 20 some odd years ago didn't stick with me."

Similarly with me but in my case it was 4.5 years of French and I never did pass French 2. The "0.5" was because in my senior year they realized that I was not going to graduate because there was no way my grades would let me pass. They transfered to art class and let it count as a forign language. How did they know that in years to come most of the French speakers would be speaking english and "drawing" is now an official (programming) language! Smiley Surprised

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 15
(5,958 Views)
Well, heck, Ben, that's way better than me. I took German in high school for three years and had to take Latin (!) for three years. I can speak Italian due to my family background.

Ed: If you can get the Find Examples to show up in Latin, then I'll be impressed! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,953 Views)

Ed: If you can get the Find Examples to show up in Latin, then I'll be impressed! Smiley Very Happy

That shouldn't be too difficult.

All I'd need to do is translate all the front panel objects to Latin and edit the .ini file French section.

Now if I only knew Latin  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,950 Views)

@Ed Dickens wrote:

Now if I only knew Latin  Smiley Tongue

The doctor prescribes 6 a day of these and come back in a few years.

(5,942 Views)
Speaking of Latin....

I'd love to find out what the latin translation of

"
I came,
I saw,
I wired
"

would be. It would make a great signature.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,938 Views)