From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure in SubPanel should not block parent panel - how?

Hello!

By default, event structures block the front panel on execution of an event, which often is, also in my case, desired behavior.

If such a VI is inserted as SubPanel, it also blocks the front panel of the parent VI.

While the SubPanel can/should block itself, the parent panel should not be blocked. Is there a way to acomplish this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,615 Views)

Hi,

Could you attach your program?

Best Regards,
Dhans 😉
Kudos are welcome 😉
Aspirant Labview Programmer (Labview 14) 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,575 Views)

Hmmm, I don't see an option to edit my initial question, so here are two panels, LV2016.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,556 Views)

The subVI is set to lock front panel.  It must have been a design decision that it locks all the front panels up through the hierarchy that the subVI is on.  Seems like a reasonable idea to me.

I don't know of any way built into LabVIEW to have the lock front panel to only affect the subpanel's front panel.

A work around would be to have a transparent decoration that overlays the front panel of the subVI.  Instead of locking the front panel in the subVI, have it make the transparent decoration become "visible" so that it blocks mouse action into that subVI.  When the time is up, have it make the transparent decoration invisible again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,541 Views)