LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure dont get triggered on value change in string

Solved!
Go to solution

here i need help   i designed  a program i cannot solve one issue  that i am changing value  at strings and event structure is not responding may be someone can tell me a new way to send values one by one

snecond ly i attached one .vi that explain all problems

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,583 Views)

Writing to terminals will not create events. In case you require this, use the "Value (Signaling)" property of the control/indicator you are writing to.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,578 Views)

I can't open your file but if you want to trigger the event for every letter one by one, you will need to change to a control (based on Norbert's comment) and right click the control and select "Update Value while Typing".  This is helpful if you want to force all characters to be uppercase/lowercase or if you want to filter out numbers, etc. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,540 Views)

thank u Norbert

event is working now but i need 1 change must complete all iterations in other

but here i have 4 iterations  i have 4 values in array 1 to take rms  and send to other array2 than i want to have array1 become zero and repeat the procedure when other value is obtained

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,538 Views)
Solution
Accepted by deutchland

You have to put the event structure inside a loop.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,503 Views)