From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure dont get triggered on value change in string

Solved!
Go to solution

here i need help   i designed  a program i cannot solve one issue  that i am changing value  at strings and event structure is not responding may be someone can tell me a new way to send values one by one

snecond ly i attached one .vi that explain all problems

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,581 Views)

Writing to terminals will not create events. In case you require this, use the "Value (Signaling)" property of the control/indicator you are writing to.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,576 Views)

I can't open your file but if you want to trigger the event for every letter one by one, you will need to change to a control (based on Norbert's comment) and right click the control and select "Update Value while Typing".  This is helpful if you want to force all characters to be uppercase/lowercase or if you want to filter out numbers, etc. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,538 Views)

thank u Norbert

event is working now but i need 1 change must complete all iterations in other

but here i have 4 iterations  i have 4 values in array 1 to take rms  and send to other array2 than i want to have array1 become zero and repeat the procedure when other value is obtained

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,536 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author deutchland

You have to put the event structure inside a loop.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,501 Views)