LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even been any non-proprietary instrument calibration vi's?

@CalLab_Mark wrote:

So you're saying this forum is only for programmers to learn from each other?  USERS don't come here looking for programs?

Yes. 

If you are looking for someone to write this program for you, they'd most certainly want to be PAID for it.

I would. 

You can post your project at http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Job-Openings/bd-p/JobPost

You may get plenty of people from overseas willing to do the job for cheap.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,189 Views)
I'm confused by your statement that your company has a huge investment in LabVIEW. How can that be with no one having any ability to program in it?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,174 Views)

It is what it is.  We have about 40 Labview stations and most of them move around as needed and run workhorse programs as well as custom.  Only one guy does the programming as a sideline to his main gig.  I just keep track of the DAQ cards & calibrate them.

I wasn't looking to employ anyone to "re-invent the wheel"--I just wanted to know if it had already been done.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,146 Views)
I don't doubt for a minute that other cal labs have developed custom programs just like this one programmer that you do have. I don't doubt that the other cal labs would treat these programs as proprietary and not open source. Such programs would give a lab a competitive advantage. That's why you haven't been able to find anything and no one here has seen anything either. Don't be offended by the suggestions to create your own programs. It's really the only practical thing you can do. Press your company to hire someone or contract it out.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,139 Views)

@CalLab_Mark wrote:

[...] My company has a huge investment in Labview [...]

@CalLab_Mark wrote:

It is what it is.  We have about 40 Labview stations [...]

Your company has a huge investment in stations which were programmed in LabVIEW, not LabVIEW itself (regardless of licensing).  This is exactly the type of misunderstanding (that the tools written in LabVIEW = LabVIEW) that leads to people putting "proficient in LabVIEW" on their resume.  Smiley Mad

Grrrrr...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,131 Views)

If you need to connect standards to the equipment to be calibrated, it may never be completely automatic.  That being said, the equipment may have internal calibration routines you can call programmatically that will walk you through a calibration.  It might even have an external "Electronic" calibration kit that can be controlled from the internal calibration routine to make it totally automatic (except for the connecting and disconnecting of the standard, itself).  It should be fairly trivial if you have a programmer's guide.  You probably only need to send the command to calibrate and let the internal routines prompt the user.

If you have to calibrate cables and stuff, you will have to develop your own code.  Which, while not being trivial, should be pretty straightforward, provided you know how to do it manually.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,111 Views)