LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurotherm 2408

Helloall, I want to build a temperature control system using Eurotherm 2408 and Labview 2011. I have downloaded the respective Labview drivers from the following site 

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E971F659CE034080020E748...

I know that by using OPC server i can communicate with Eurotherm 2408 from labview . My doubt is do i need to download any Modbus drivers to establish the communication. It would be of great help if some one provides me with some information on it.Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,666 Views)

I can't look at the drivers you mention because the link is broken, but in general all the Eurotherm controllers I have seen did use Modbus as a communications protocol - as well as several others. You also need to verify what type of serial interface your unit has - they have several of those as well. If it has an RS232 port you are good to go and can (if you wish) use LV directly to communicate with the controller. If it has the RS485 interface, you will at the very least need an adapter, or perhaps a serial IO card for the PC.

The thing to remember is the 2408 is an intelligent device so your interactions with it will probably be short and very high-level -- like setting a setpoint or seeing what the current temperature is.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,628 Views)

Here is the link from where i have downloaded the the labview drivers for the Eurotherm 2408

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E971F659CE034080020E748...

My Eurotherm 2408 uses 4-wire EIA-485 EI Bisynch protocol. I have converter called KD 485 which converts EIA -485 to EIA 232 or viceversa.i also downloaded the Itools software from the Eurotherm which includes a Modbus RTU OPC Server - EuroMBus. could you please give me suggestions for controlling and monitoring my Eurotherm 2408 using Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,577 Views)